General News

Apple Inc announces plans to become 100% carbon neutral by 2030


Leading multinational technology company, Apple, has reportedly announced that it has planned to become entirely carbon neutral by 2030. Apple has decided to extend this initiative to its product life cycle and manufacturing supply chain as the company has already made its global corporate operations carbon neutral.

The previous year, Apple had convinced its iPhone factory partner, Foxconn, and top chipmaker, TSMC, to enter into a commitment to use renewable energy for powering their company operations. In addition, Apple has also convinced several of its suppliers to commence the use of renewable power.

According to Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, enterprises have a profound opportunity, born out of the company’s common concern for the planet, to help build a more sustainable future. As per sources, Apple plans to decrease its carbon emissions by 75 per cent by the end of the coming decade and intends to build innovative carbon removal solutions for addressing the remaining 25 per cent of its carbon footprint.

Apple has also planned to establish an Impact Accelerator that would focus on investments in minority-owned enterprises that propel positive outcomes in the company’s supply chain and in communities that have been severely impacted by environmental hazards.

In a filing in 2019, Apple had stated that extreme weather conditions caused by global warming could result in a temporary disruption in the availability or production of its component parts or finished products. The company had further added that a delay in parts would be indication of the company’s inability to ship products on time, which could have a major impact on the company’s sales.

In addition to Apple, several other companies, including Microsoft and Amazon, have also developed their own strategies for the reduction of their environmental footprint to combat global warming and climate change. While Microsoft has stated that it will become carbon negative by 2030, Amazon has declared that the e-commerce giant will be carbon neutral by 2040.


Source Credits:,chain%20and%20product%20life%20cycle.

About the author


Shreshtha Dhatrak

Despite having completed her Post Graduate degree in Digital Marketing, Shreshtha always nurtured an innate passion for writing. Currently, she works as a content writer for and similar other portals, where she pens down news articles spanning the fields of business, finance, and technology. Her other interests include reading and travelling.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *